Re: ? about Installation of Postgresql

От Tracy Gong
Тема Re: ? about Installation of Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks, Justin.

Unfortunately, I am not a Unimelb student. I figure you could contact Ian
Haywood, the author of the webpage for your interest.

i.haywood@ugrad.unimelb.edu.au is his email I searched from the university
website. Hopefully he is the one.

Good luck,

Tracy

----Original Message Follows----
From: Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org>
To: Tracy Gong <yongmei91@hotmail.com>
CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] ? about Installation of Postgresql
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:26:48 +1000

Hi Tracy,

I reckon this page will really help you out:

http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql_win_setup_faq.jsp

Another good source of PostgreSQL info is the "Technical Documentation"
site:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org

BTW - Are you really studying at Melbourne Uni or just came across their
page?  It would be interesting to know what stuff they do with
PostgreSQL.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Tracy Gong wrote:

 > Hey all,
 >
 > I am new to postgresql. I have tow questions about installation. (For
your
 > reference, I used this website
 > http://www.student.unimelb.edu.au/~ihaywood/win9x.html#AEN165)
 >
 > #1 I could not find IPC for Cygwin (cygipc-1.11-1.bz2);
 >
 > #2 Does anyone know when during setup I can install the 'bzip2' package?
 >
 > Tracy

 > TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

    - Indira Gandhi

Y. Tracy Gong