Re: Seeking performance advice and explanation for high I/O on 8.3

От Scott Otis
Тема Re: Seeking performance advice and explanation for high I/O on 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Can you post to the list all the uncommented lines from your
postgresql.conf file and attach the results of "select * from
pg_stat_all_tables" as an attachment?

I attached a CSV of "select * from pg_stat_all_tables" from one of our
more heavily used databases.  Note: I turned off stats collection and
autvacuuming a couple days ago to see what it would do and then
restarted postgres - I turned those back on this morning to that is why
there aren't more autovacuumed and autoanalyzed tables.

Sorry if this is a little verbose - I didn't want to leave anything out.

Uncommented lines from Postgresql.conf:

listen_addresses = '*'
max_connections = 600
ssl = on
password_encryption = on
shared_buffers = 1GB
work_mem = 5MB
maintenance_work_mem = 256MB
max_fsm_pages = 2800000
max_fsm_relations = 160000
synchronous_commit = off
checkpoint_segments = 6
checkpoint_warning = 30s
effective_cache_size = 1GB
log_destination = 'stderr'
logging_collector = on
log_directory = '/var/log/pgsql'
log_filename = '%m%d%y_%H%M%S-pgsql.log'
log_rotation_age = 1d
log_rotation_size = 10MB
log_min_messages = warning
log_error_verbosity = default
log_min_error_statement = warning
silent_mode = on
log_line_prefix = '%t [%p]: [%l-1] user=%u,db=%d '
log_temp_files = 0
track_activities = on
track_counts = on
update_process_title = off
log_parser_stats = off
log_planner_stats = off
log_executor_stats = off
log_statement_stats = off
autovacuum = on
datestyle = 'iso, mdy'
lc_messages = 'C'
lc_monetary = 'C'
lc_numeric = 'C'
lc_time = 'C'
default_text_search_config = 'pg_catalog.english'

Вложения

От: "Scott Otis"
Сообщение: Re: Seeking performance advice and explanation for high I/O on 8.3
От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: SAAS and MySQL