Re: Another Security Question: User-based Roles vs. Application Business Rules

От Thomas F.O'Connell
Тема Re: Another Security Question: User-based Roles vs. Application Business Rules
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Presumably in the context of a web application, you've got control over
the contexts in which users exist and log in. People accessing publicly
accessible page, for instance, might connect as one user; people
accessing content via a login might connect as another.

Basically, for each role your web application creates in terms of types
of users, you can create a postgres user.

Often, it's as simple as creating a single postgres user that acts as a
proxy for the entire web application because, if you're the web
application designer as well, or can have authority over the
application in some way, you can know what sorts of permissions will be
required in the database.

-tfo