Re: New developer papercut - Makefile references INSTALL

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: New developer papercut - Makefile references INSTALL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 17 Jan 2022, at 02:11, Tim McNamara <tim@mcnamara.nz> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I encountered a minor road bump when checking out the pg source today. The Makefile's all target includes the
followinghelp message if GNUmakefile isn't available:

>  echo "You need to run the 'configure' program first. See the file"; \
>  echo "'INSTALL' for installation instructions." ; \
>
> After consulting README.git, it looks as though INSTALL isn't created unless the source is bundled into a release or
snapshottarball. I'm happy to submit a patch to update the wording, but wanted to check on the preferred approach.

> Perhaps this would be sufficient?
>
>  echo "You need to run the 'configure' program first. See the file"; \
>  echo "'INSTALL' for installation instructions, or visit" ; \
>  echo "<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/installation.html>" ; \

That's a good point, and one few developers are likely to spot so thanks for
raising the issue.  To avoid replicating the wording we can do something like
the attached as well.

Вложения

От: Amit Kapila
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: SLRUs in the main buffer pool, redux