Calling a function via ODBC

От Valerio Ferrucci
Тема Calling a function via ODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I have postgres installed on my Machine (MacOSX) and connect to it via
ODBC from my C app.

All works ok (select, insert, update and so on).

Now I made the following simple function:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION concat_text (TEXT, TEXT) RETURNS TEXT AS '

    BEGIN

        RETURN $1 || $2;

    END;

' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

and called it succesfully doing:

SQLExecDirect(... ""select concat_text('val', 'erio')"" ...)

and fetching the result with SQLFetchScroll etc..., all works ok.

SO WHICH IS THE QUESTION?

THE QUESTION IS:

Is there a way to call my func using the ODBC syntax:

{? =  CALL concat_text(?, ?)}

using SQLBindParameter to bind variable (input/output) to '?' and
getting return value directly in a bound var (without any Fetch) (see
http://www.ddart.net/mssql/sql70/odbcht10_1.htm )?

Does someone have an example in using SQLBindParameter to set
parameter IN and get return value OUT?

Thanks for help

Valerio Ferrucci                        Tabasoft Sas

ferrucci@tabasoft.it                    http://www.tabasoft.it

</fontfamily>