Re: Antw: Re: psql wishes or even realized?

От Stephen Birch
Тема Re: Antw: Re: psql wishes or even realized?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The following three paragraphs come from the PostgreSQL 7.2.1 INSTALL file:

1)

   * The GNU Readline library (for comfortable line editing and command
     history retrieval) will automatically be used if found. You might wish
     to install it before proceeding, but it is not essential. (On NetBSD,
     the "libedit" library is readline-compatible and is used if
     "libreadline" is not found.)

2)

     --with-includes=DIRECTORIES

          "DIRECTORIES" is a colon-separated list of directories that will
          be added to the list the compiler searches for header files. If
          you have optional packages (such as GNU Readline) installed in a
          non-standard location, you have to use this option and probably
          also the corresponding "--with-libraries" option.

          Example: --with-includes=/opt/gnu/include:/usr/sup/include.

3)

If you perform a build and then discover that your configure options were
wrong, or if you change anything that configure investigates (for example,
you install GNU Readline), then it's a good idea to do "gmake distclean"
before reconfiguring and rebuilding. Without this, your changes in
configuration choices may not propagate everywhere they need to.

RTFM :-)

Steve