Re: inserting blob data

От Bruce Holt
Тема Re: inserting blob data
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
"Bruce Holt" <bj_holt@hotmail.com> writes:
 >> Hmm, the 8K limit has been gone for a long time.  You didn't mention
 >> your Postgres server's version, but I'm betting you need to update
 >> either your server or your ODBC driver.  Possibly both.

 > PostgreSQL 7.2.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.2

>And your ODBC driver was up to date too, right?  So much for that
>theory.  How exactly are you trying to store the blob data?  (A code
>snippet would be an appropriate answer, probably.)

I am using the ADO for VB example found at:
http://odbc.postgresql.org/psqlodbc.php?DocID=howto-vblo

I have tried three table structures as well:

# create table MYTABLE (main integer, object bytea);
# create table MYTABLE (main integer, object oid);
# create table MYTABLE (main integer, object text);

I can insert the data correctly, and save it to the server using the
# select lo_export(#####, '/mypath/myfile');
command.  I just can't retrieve the blob data via ODBC.

Thanks,
Bruce Holt