Re: timestamped archive data index searches

От Stephen Birch
Тема Re: timestamped archive data index searches
Дата
Список pgsql-general
ok

I assume that the string 'now' would suffer from the same problem and should
also be avoided until 7.3?

BTW Another thing I notice with a large database is that count(*) takes
ages, it
looks like it has to scan every record. This may be a newbie question or a
faq, but isn't there a record count kept that would make count(*) return
quickly?

Steve

PS I have been using PostgreSQL for about 5 years now in a mission critical
application and have grown to love it. What I can't figure out is how Tom
and the others find time to do such fantastic work!