Re: jsonpath Time and Timestamp Special Cases

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: jsonpath Time and Timestamp Special Cases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Apr 29, 2024, at 20:45, David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> wrote:

> I noticed that the jsonpath date/time functions (.time() and timestamp(), et al.) don’t support some valid but
special-casePostgreSQL values, notably `infinity`, `-infinity`, and, for times, '24:00:00`:

Looking at ECMA-404[1], “The JSON data interchange syntax”, it says, of numbers:

> Numeric values that cannot be represented as sequences of digits (such as Infinity and NaN) are not
permitted.

So it makes sense that the JSON path standard would be the same, since such JSON explicitly cannot represent these
valuesas numbers.

Still not sure about `24:00:00` as a time, though. I presume the jsonpath standard disallows it.

Best,

David

[1]: https://ecma-international.org/wp-content/uploads/ECMA-404_2nd_edition_december_2017.pdf

От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: Remove distprep
От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: datfrozenxid > relfrozenxid w/ crash before XLOG_HEAP_INPLACE