postgres on a PDA

От Al Bean
Тема postgres on a PDA
Дата
Re: postgres on a PDA  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I use a linux based PDA (the Zaurus from Sharp).  There are no good, open
source  databases for this device so I'm thinking of cross-compiling
postgresql for the ARM processor and getting it to run on the Zaurus.  I
need to do this because I have a 150MB Access database that I would like to
take with me (I'll figure out some way to port the data once I get postgres
up and running).

My PDA has 32MB of RAM (well more like 16 with the way Sharp allocates it)
and I use a 256MB FLASH memory card which sort of looks like a hard drive on
the PDA. I know postgresql will run in about 8MB of RAM so I think I should
be ok on this front but I'm wondering about the data residing in FLASH.
Sure I'm prepared for a huge performance hit but aside from that what else
should I expect?

Any thoughts you guys might have are appreciated!

-Al

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup