Re: Cryptic Error Message Importing Table Dump

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Cryptic Error Message Importing Table Dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 15 Sep 2011, at 3:42, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Line 47475 is below the last line with content in the file. Line 47363
> contains:
>
> 96-A000890    SC    1996-04-23    Conductance, Specific    394
> uS/cm    t    \N    \N    \N
>
> (which is wrapped here, but not in the emacs buffer). There are 10 columns,
> which is how many there should be. When I go to the end of the line there's
> no space or other extraneous character. The column 'quant' contains the
> number 394. While that's an integer, the column domain is real and psql
> doesn't complain about other whole numbers in that column.
>
>  Please help me understand what the error message and context are telling
> me because I just don't see it.

The text in the error is a tab character, so maybe you have an extra tab somewhere?

If not, perhaps the error is about the line after the one you showed us. If there isn't a terminator (\.) there, then
readingthe first 4 columns would probably succeed; they are type text from the looks of it,  so '    ' (tab) is a valid
characterfor those fields, but not for the real type column after those.

Alban Hertroys

--
The scale of a problem often equals the size of an ego.