Size limit for bytea type?

От Nisha Joseph
Тема Size limit for bytea type?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

My application ,written in VC++ requires to store photographs  in a postgres
table. I have been using odbc Driver 7.02.005 with Postgresql 7.1.2 .

I am using the bytea datatype to store photographs.

create table photographs1
       (id  integer ,
       data bytea,
       Name text
       );

Now I cant insert files of more than 100k .I have tried increasing the value
of Max LongVarchar on the ODBC Driver optons also but this doesnt seem to
have an effect on storing the data.

Also I need to transfer photographs stored as large objects in a Microsoft
Aceess 2000 database to the photographs table in Postgres . I cant figure
out how to manipulate BLOBs from my application that is why I am trying out
the bytea type at present.

Can anyone please help me regarding this?

Thanks in Advance

Nisha

Express yourself with cool emoticons http://messenger.msn.co.uk