RE: unique row identifier data type exhausted . . .

От Franck Martin
Тема RE: unique row identifier data type exhausted . . .
Дата
Список pgsql-general
For me it seems more a design problem than the length of internal number....

Why not create a table with 2 field containing int, setting the primary key
on both of them and running a sequencing scheme on both as if it was a
single number....

There are no more limitations anymore, as if you know you will need a lot of
record you may decide to use 1, 2, or 3 numbers...

Question, does postgress is able to run sequence on 2 combined numbers...

Cheers...

Franck Martin
Network and Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: franck@sopac.org.fj <mailto:franck@sopac.org.fj>