Adding column default to child inheritance table does not generate DDL for default definition when using Create Script command

От Michael Rasmussen
Тема Adding column default to child inheritance table does not generate DDL for default definition when using Create Script command
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Platform: Mac OS X Yosemite
PostgreSQL Server Version: 9.2.9
Language: English
pgAdmin III Version: 1.20.0 (Dec 19 2014, rev: REL-1_20_0)

Example DDL:
CREATE TABLE foo (
  the_key INTEGER,
  the_value BOOLEAN
);

CREATE TABLE bar ()
INHERITS (foo);

ALTER TABLE bar
ALTER COLUMN the_value SET DEFAULT TRUE;

What is happening:
When I right click on table bar, and run CREATE Script in the context menu, I get the below output, which detects the new default definition but puts it in the comments. Thus the DEFAULT true gets lost.

-- Table: bar

-- DROP TABLE bar;

CREATE TABLE bar
(
-- Inherited from table foo:  the_key integer,
-- Inherited from table foo:  the_value boolean DEFAULT true
)
INHERITS (foo)
WITH (
  OIDS=FALSE
);
ALTER TABLE bar
  OWNER TO redacted;

The CREATE Script command should match the pg_dump output, as seen below, by including an alter table statement that preserves the default definition.

~]# pg_dump -s -t bar porch
--
-- PostgreSQL database dump
--

SET statement_timeout = 0;
SET client_encoding = 'UTF8';

SET search_path = public, pg_catalog;

SET default_tablespace = '';

SET default_with_oids = false;

--
-- Name: bar; Type: TABLE; Schema: public; Owner: redacted; Tablespace:
--

CREATE TABLE bar (
)

ALTER TABLE public.bar OWNER TO redacted;

--
-- Name: the_value; Type: DEFAULT; Schema: public; Owner: redacted
--

ALTER TABLE ONLY bar ALTER COLUMN the_value SET DEFAULT true;

--
-- PostgreSQL database dump complete

Michael Rasmussen
Sr. Data Engineer