Re: Managing multiple branches in git

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I think it all makes a lot more sense if you think of your local git
clone as just a cache. The real repo is still separate in a real repo
on a server.

In that mental model the equivalent of CVS "commit" is actually git
push not git commit. And the equivalent of CVS update is actually git
pull.

git commit is actually just adding another commit to your local cache
that you can push to the real repo at your leisure.

This is just like the rest of the world has had to do using rsync cvs
repos except we can actually git commit into our local cache instead
of having to be careful not to ever commit anything.

--
Greg