RE: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Transaction logging

От Jackson, DeJuan
Тема RE: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Transaction logging
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Wouldn't it be possible to have the commit take care of the logging.  I
don't know enough about the backend, but all those functions have to get
evaluated at some point before the commit in order to be written to the
db.  You could actually have the commit log the needed sql-commands
without any function interference.  Also doesn't commit know if any rows
have been updated by any of the transaction's statements.  This
could/would require filtering rules and triggers from the output, or
turning them off on the restore.
As far as the shared-tables/catalogues are concerned.  We could have
each full-database dump take care of it's entries into the shared
tables.  Having the transaction logs be incremental from the point of
the dump allows the catalogues to be self updating (assuming we are
logging vacuums).

All this depends on getting a database commit to output it's information
easily.  It also ignores MVCC's effect on transactions, but I think it's
a workable model.

You can tell me I'm blowing smoke now.
    -DEJ

Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Transaction logging
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Transaction logging