RE: [HACKERS] JOIN syntax. Examples?

От Jackson, DeJuan
Тема RE: [HACKERS] JOIN syntax. Examples?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Microsoft SQL Server v6.5 have SQL92 join syntax.  I don't have the
standard in front of me but here's what I remember.

join_clause :table_name|view_name|join_clause [alias ][LEFT |RIGHT |CROSS ] JOIN
table_name|view_name|join_clause [alias ]ON join_tatements

The allows for neat little tricks like (hope you can follow it): SELECT a3.name, a3.address, a3.city, a4.state_abbrev,
a6.postal_code,
a9.country_code  FROM (         (           (states_list a5            JOIN postal_codes a6 ON (a5.stateid =
a6.stateid)          ) a4          RIGHT JOIN            (clients a1             LEFT JOIN addresses a2 ON (a1.clientid
=a2.clientid AND

a2.prefered = 1)           ) a3 ON (a3.stateid = a4.stateid)         ) a7         LEFT JOIN          countries a8 ON
(a7.countryid= a8.countryid)       ) a9

I'm not sure if Microsoft implemented it but I believe that subselects
would be a great addition the above.

I can load up a Microsoft SQL server for any testing you need done.  I'm
pretty sure that the Help files have a run down of their supported
syntax but I never trust Microsoft to stick to a standard (even their
own).

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] JOIN syntax. Examples?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] JOIN syntax. Examples?