RE: [QUESTIONS] COUNT (DISTINCT xxx) ?

От Jackson, DeJuan
Тема RE: [QUESTIONS] COUNT (DISTINCT xxx) ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hi!
>
> Is there a way excluding temp tables to make a COUNT (DISTINCT xxx)
> query?
>
> Thanx for the attention!
>
>     Marin

I'd like to know as well.  I think that someone was trying to implement
sub-selects in aggregate functions, did that get done?
   select distinct count(col_name) from table_name;
doesn't work BTW, it gives that number of rows in the table even if
col_name has duplicates.

        -DEJ

От: dg@illustra.com (David Gould)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: SIGPIPE gripe
От: "Jackson, DeJuan"
Сообщение: RE: [QUESTIONS] Best way to halt an unending query.