RE: [QUESTIONS] The Complete and Ccomprehensive list of Newbie qu estion

От Jackson, DeJuan
Тема RE: [QUESTIONS] The Complete and Ccomprehensive list of Newbie qu estion
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] RE: [QUESTIONS] The Complete and Ccomprehensive list of Newbie qu  (jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck))
Список pgsql-hackers
Is this possible?  Or is it already being done?

<a lot snipped>
> > > How do you assign function to your objects?
<snip>
> I don't know if tying functions to classes has been added
> to the TO-DO list.  You may want to post to the hacker list and
> suggest
> it.

Access to the function would then be gained by calling them through the
class. (i.e. select EMP.totalPeople();, or update CORPEMP set
CORPEMP.totals = DIVEMP.totalPeople();)
Just an OO thought.  (*ahhhh* It's that concurrency/data-hiding/coupling
thing again.)
Then one could disallow select/update on a table but all execute on
specific functions.  I do realize that this can be accomplished through
triggers, but this has other potentials...