Re: new heapcheck contrib module (typos)

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: new heapcheck contrib module (typos)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Jun 13, 2020, at 2:13 PM, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:

Thanks for the review!

> On 2020-06-12 23:06, Mark Dilger wrote:
>
>> [v7-0001-Adding-verify_heapam-and-pg_amcheck.patch]
>> [v7-0002-Adding-checks-o...ations-of-hint-bit.patch]
>
> I came across these typos in the sgml:
>
> --exclude-scheam   should be
> --exclude-schema
>
> <option>table</option>     should be
> <option>--table</option>

Yeah, I agree and have made these changes for v8.

> I found this connection problem (or perhaps it is as designed):
>
> $ env | grep ^PG
> PGPORT=6965
> PGPASSFILE=/home/aardvark/.pg_aardvark
> PGDATABASE=testdb
> PGDATA=/home/aardvark/pg_stuff/pg_installations/pgsql.amcheck/data
>
> -- just to show that psql is connecting (via $PGPASSFILE and $PGPORT and $PGDATABASE):
> -- and showing a  table t  that I made earlier
>
> $ psql
> SET
> Timing is on.
> psql (14devel_amcheck_0612_2f48)
> Type "help" for help.
>
> testdb=# \dt+ t
>                           List of relations
> Schema | Name | Type  |  Owner   | Persistence |  Size  | Description
> --------+------+-------+----------+-------------+--------+-------------
> public | t    | table | aardvark | permanent   | 346 MB |
> (1 row)
>
> testdb=# \q
>
> I think this should work:
>
> $ pg_amcheck -i -t t
> pg_amcheck: error: no matching tables were found
>
> It seems a bug that I have to add  '-d testdb':
>
> This works OK:
> pg_amcheck -i -t t -d testdb
>
> Is that error as expected?

It was expected, but looking more broadly at other tools, your expectations seem to be more typical.  I've changed it
inv8.  Thanks again for having a look at this patch!

Note that I've merge the two patches (v7-0001 and v7-0002) back into a single patch, since the separation introduced in
v7was only for illustration of changes in v7.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения