Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...

От Oliver Kohll - Mailing Lists
Тема Re: generic modelling of data models; enforcing constraints dynamically...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 25 Sep 2009, at 07:22, InterRob <rob.marjot@gmail.com> wrote:

I guess it IS quite overengineered indeed...

What I'm trying to do is to facilitate different fieldwork methodologies for archaeological research (on project basis); there is no final agreement on data structure and semantics; however, on a meta-level all choices are rational and can be modelled... Infact, all models can be related to each other: that's where the "hybrid" part comes in: I wish to implement the common denominator (90%) and then further extend this, enabing specific data model implementations -- including checks for data integrity.

Hi Rob,

Just wondering if you've considered rapid prototyping of the core of it to try and gain consensus by giving people something they can see and talk about, as an alternative to doing a lot of design work up front?

Regards
Oliver Kohll