Re: Insert and obtain the pk

От Adam Ruth
Тема Re: Insert and obtain the pk
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You can call currval on the sequence that provided the value for the
primary key.  It's guaranteed to be the last value retrieved from that
sequence *for your session*.

insert into table1 (f1, f2) values ('a', 'b');

select currval('table1_seq');

Use the name of your sequence.  If the primary key is a SERIAL type,
then there will be a sequence in the background.  I believe it's
tablename_seq or something like that.

regards, adam