RE: Simple Insert Problem

От Robby Slaughter
Тема RE: Simple Insert Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Gonzo:

You need to make sure that you delimit your values correctly.

To insert text fields (which may contain spaces) use 'single
quotes'. You'll also want to enter date fields the same way.

So, you should try

INSERT INTO OP (op_num,op_name,start_time) VALUES
(5400,'Welding','06:00:00');

Of course, you're probably using the "time" data type, which means that
6:00:00 really means 6:00 in the morning!

Hope that helps!

-Robby

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Gonzo Rock
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 7:18 PM
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: [SQL] Simple Insert Problem

Sorry but this is making me crazy... yes... I'm way new to SQL

Why would this error out ??

This is the Query...
INSERT INTO OP (op_num,op_name,start_time) Values (5400,Welding,06:00:00);

And this is the pgSQL error...
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ":"

The table has reasonable values in it already... I'm just adding a few more
rows by hand.

Thanks All,

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster