RE: COUNT doesn't shows items with 0 occurrance

От Robby Slaughter
Тема RE: COUNT doesn't shows items with 0 occurrance
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Giorgio,

Sounds like (but correct me if I'm wrong) you have a table like:

  pieces
 --------
  hammer
  nails
  hammer
  screws
  ruler

If you do a select count(*) on this table and include a group by,
it's just going to give you the statisitcs

hammer  2
nails   1
screws  1
ruler   1

So I'm not really sure what you're asking. Maybe you could give
an example of what is in your table and what you are trying to
get out?

-Robby