RE: ODBC speed problem

От Robby Slaughter
Тема RE: ODBC speed problem
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Larry,

I learned recently that there is a "SQL logging" feature in the ODBC control
panel which
creates a HUGE bottlneck. Might want to make sure that's turned off.

It does sound a little slow.

-Robby

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Larry Au
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 1:42 AM
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [ODBC] ODBC speed problem

Dear Sir,

I am new user of Postgresql.  My server  OS is FreeBSD and installed
Postgres 7.1.2.
After Installed it.  I import 7500 rows data into one table.  Then I have
try to use Visual Basic thought ODBC to get that 7500 rows record to
Datagrid.  I found that it use up around 3 mins.  I would like to ask is
this a stand performance or not?

thanks

Larry.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster