RV: Porting to Win2k: ./configure failed

От JJAR
Тема RV: Porting to Win2k: ./configure failed
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
    Hi everyone,

    I have followed KevinLo's instructions to port PostgreSQL 7.0.3 to Windows
2000, but when I type "./configure" I have the following command line
outout:

    $ ./configure
    checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
    checking echo setting...
    checking setting template to... cygwin32
    configure: warning: *** Include directory /usr/local/include does not
exist.
    checking whether to support locale... disabled
    checking whether to support cyrillic recode... disabled
    checking whether to support multibyte... disabled
    checking setting DEF_PGPORT... 5432
    checking setting DEF_MAXBACKENDS... 32
    checking setting USE_TCL... disabled
    checking setting USE_PERL... disabled
    checking setting USE_ODBC... disabled
    checking setproctitle... disabled
    checking setting ASSERT CHECKING... disabled
    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 ) works... no
    configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

    I know:

        - "gcc" is there:

            $ gcc --version
            2.95.2-5

        - the directories /usr/local/pgsql/{bin,include,lib,data} are there:

            administrador@orgsch /usr/local/pgsql
            $ ls
            bin  data  include  lib

        (- and the truth is out there too ;) )

    I don't known what's wrong, probably a nonsense but I have been watching
configure files and don't how to fix the problem (haven't worked with this
tool before).

    Little help would be appreciated.
    Thanks for your time.

    Juan José Amezcua Ramón (Juan Jose Amezcua Ramon)
    jjarcore@eresmas.com