General advice on database/web applications

От Mark Feller
Тема General advice on database/web applications
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am developing a small web application.  Currently, our web server is
sitting outside our firewall (running its own firewall), and the application
being developed would let users do things like place orders.

My question is...what and where is the database for this?

Do I have a small database on the webserver, that is then synch'd with a
"master" database inside our main firewall.  Is this practical?

Does the webserver work directly with one database via VPN?

Do I put everything on the webserver?  I would guess this last would be
least safe.

Сообщение: Re: frustrated by plpgsql procedure
Сообщение: Re: frustrated by plpgsql procedure