Re: Issues Outstanding for Point In Time Recovery (PITR)

От Richard Tucker
Тема Re: Issues Outstanding for Point In Time Recovery (PITR)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I don't know how our marketing came up third most popular but I think the
order is, Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL or maybe Oracle, MSSQL and
PostgreSQL.  I'm sure there is some criterion by which PostgreSQL is tenth
and by some other its number one.
Of course, my posting was about Point In Time Recovery and not multera
marketing spin.
-regards
richt

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Momjian [mailto:pgman@candle.pha.pa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 6:29 PM
To: Rod Taylor
Cc: PostgreSQL-development; richt@multera.com; J. R. Nield
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Issues Outstanding for Point In Time Recovery
(PITR)

Rod Taylor wrote:
> > server powered by PostgreSQL, the third most popular database, and a
> >
> >        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> > Wonder why we are "the third most popular database".  I think that's
> > good?
>
> You'll notice they didn't qualify where.  On this list, it's probably
> #1.  Within Progress software perhaps we're third most popular (whatever
> two are typically used in the InnerEdge are 1 and 2).

Yea, using that logic, #1 would be the Progress internal db system, #2
would be MySQL (though that seems doubtful at this point with Nusphere),
and PostgreSQL.

Actually, PostgreSQL is #1 in my home.

-- Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610)
Pennsylvania19026

От: "D'Arcy J.M. Cain"
Сообщение: Re: Issues Outstanding for Point In Time Recovery (PITR)
Сообщение: Re: Issues Outstanding for Point In Time Recovery (PITR)