RE: Progress report on locale safe LIKE indexing

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: Progress report on locale safe LIKE indexing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Please look at my first question.  This depends on the assumption that '=' is equivalent in  any locale. Is it
guaranteed?  For example, ( 'a' = 'A' ) isn't allowed in any locale ?.

And your answer was  The whole point here is not to rely on '='.

Clearly your theory depends on the assumption that  If a = b in some locale then a = b in ASCII locale.

And where does 'a' <> 'A' come from ?
The definition of '=' is a part of collating sequence.

> > LIKE seems to use the collating sequence.
>
> No.  The collating sequence defines the order of all possible strings.
> LIKE doesn't order anything.

Again where does it come from ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue