Re: again on index usage

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: again on index usage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

This seem to have little meaing if there's only one ipdate value
which satisfies the WHERE clause and the index order matches
the physical order of heap tuples.

I tried a very simple test case.
I have a table which has 100000 tuples and made a index on a
column whose value is always ''(i.e the same value).
Different from my expectation CREATE INDEX doesn't seem to
preserve the physical(input) order. However it seems sufficiently
ordered and probably we could expect the scan using the index
is as fast as sequential scan.

The result(distribution of corrsponding CTIDs) is as follows.

(3448, 17)
(3542, 26) -- (5172, 24)  consecutive 94539 tuples
(3542, 25) -- (3448, 18)  consecutive 5460 tuples

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Сообщение: Re: backend/po, make update-po works strange
Сообщение: Re: backend/po, make update-po works strange