RE: Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The analog of ROWID in PostgreSQL is TID rather than OID
because TID is a physical address of a tuple within a table.
However there's a significant difference. Unfortunately TID
is transient. It is changed by UPDATE and  VACUUM.
Though TIDs are unavailable for critical use, OIDs could
compensate the drawback. TIDs and OIDs must help each
other if PostgreSQL needs the concept like ROWID.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue