Re: bytea/ODBC/MSAccess issue

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: bytea/ODBC/MSAccess issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

IIRC our ODBC driver maps bytea to SQL_VARBINARY which is
able to be indexed in MS Access. Probably Joe is changing the
*Max Varchar* option > 255.
Currently the mapping of our driver is  SQL_VARBINARY (the length <= 255)     <---> bytea  SQL_LONGVARBINARY (the
lengthcan be > 255) <---> lo

.
MS Access couldn't handle the binary type index > 255 bytes.
PostgreSQL hasn't been able to have indexes on bytea until
quite recently and bytea is unavailable for LO.
Every application has its limitation.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue