Cube extension split algorithm fix

От Stas Kelvich
Тема Cube extension split algorithm fix
Дата
Re: Cube extension split algorithm fix  (Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, hackers.

I've fixed split algorithm that was implemented in cube extension. I've changed it according to the original Guttman
paper(old version was more simple algorithm) and also ported Alexander Korotkov's algorithm from box datatype indexing
thatwork faster and better on low dimensions.

On my test dataset (1M records, 7 dimensions, real world database of goods) numbers was following:

Building index over table (on expression):
old: 67.296058 seconds
new: 48.842391 seconds

Cube point search, mean, 100 queries
old: 0.001025 seconds