Re: [GENERAL] Map of Postgresql Users (OT)

От Claire McLister
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Map of Postgresql Users (OT)
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Yes, we do have an 'IP Map' capability to take the originating IP
address of the email and try to map its location. While not always
accurate, it does give a general sense of where the emails are coming
from, so helps in understanding the geographical reach.

We mapped emails for messages to the pgsql-general list a while ago.
The resulting map is at:

  http://www.zeesource.net/maps/map.do?group=456

  We were waiting for someone from the pgsql-www team to tell us if
they want to embed such maps on the Postgtresql.org web site.

Claire

On Dec 7, 2005, at 7:48 AM, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 10:27, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Tino Wildenhain wrote:
>>>>
>>> Well but who has a GPS-Header in his/her MUA?
>>
>> Well, I know someone did such a map by using the coordinates of
>> their IP
>> address.  It wasn't perfect, but it was close for lots of people.
>>

> Yeah I think that's how we would do it. Could probably also do the
> same
> for the website traffic too. Point being that we need to get the
> infrastructure in place to do the mapping and then we should be
> able to
> do several different schemes for getting input.
>

> Robert Treat
> --
> Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: