Re: extremly low memory usage

От Dan Harris
Тема Re: extremly low memory usage
Дата
Re: extremly low memory usage  (Michael Stone <mstone+postgres@mathom.us>)
Список pgsql-performance
On Aug 19, 2005, at 3:01 PM, Jeremiah Jahn wrote:

> Rebuild in progress with just ext3 on the raid array...will see if
> this
> helps the access times.

 From my recent experiences, I can say ext3 is probably not a great
choice for Pg databases.  If you check the archives you'll see
there's a lot of discussion about various journalling filesystems and
ext3 usually(always?) comes up on the bottom as far as performance
goes.  If you insist on using it, I would at least recommend the
noatime option in fstab and using data=writeback to get the faster of
the journal modes.

XFS seems to be a trusted choice, followed by Reiser and JFS both
with the occasional controversy when the comparisons pop up.

-Dan