Perl modules problem on OS X

От Alex Rice
Тема Perl modules problem on OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello, please let me know if this is not the most appropriate
forum for this question. I am stumped and have already asked on
the mapserver-users and macosx-perl mailing lists.

Mac OS X 10.1.5
PostgreSQL 7.2.1
PostGIS 7.1
Perl 5.6.0 (standard OS X Perl)
Mapserver (CGI)
Mapscript (Perl module, Minnesota Mapserver, generated with
latest SWIG 1.3)

Mapscript connects to PostGIS data sources just fine.  However, I
also need to connect via DBI or Pg to my PostgreSQL database for
other queries.

# this script
use mapscript;
use DBI;
DBI->data_sources('Pg');

# dies with
dyld: perl multiple definitions of symbol _DLAddHead
/Library/Perl/darwin/auto/mapscript/mapscript.bundle definition
of _DLAddHead
/Library/Perl/darwin/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.bundle definition of _DLAddHead

The strange thing is, of the 3 modules DBI, Pg and mapscript, all
3 work OK independently, but when I use;  any two them from the
same script, the above symbol definitions problem occurs and the
script dies.

At first I thought it was a mapscript problem, but I don't think
so. For instance this one dies as well, not that one would use it
in real life:

use DBI;
use Pg;
DBI->data_sources('Pg');

dyld: perl multiple definitions of symbol _DLAddHead
/Library/Perl/darwin/auto/Pg/Pg.bundle definition of _DLAddHead
/Library/Perl/darwin/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.bundle definition of _DLAddHead

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alex_rice@arc.to
alrice@swcp.com

Сообщение: Re: performance with triggers depends on table size?
Сообщение: Re: performance with triggers depends on table size?