Re: checkpointer continuous flushing - V16

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: checkpointer continuous flushing - V16
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On February 9, 2016 10:46:34 AM GMT+01:00, Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:

>>> I think I would appreciate comments to understand why/how the
>>> ringbuffer is used, and more comments in general, so it is fine if
>you
>>> improve this part.
>>
>> I'd suggest to leave out the ringbuffer/new bgwriter parts.
>
>Ok, so the patch would only onclude the checkpointer stuff.
>
>I'll look at this part in detail.

Yes, that's the more pressing part. I've seen pretty good results with the new bgwriter, but it's not really worthwhile
untilsorting and flushing is in...

Andres

---
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.

Сообщение: Re: [patch] Proposal for \crosstabview in psql
Сообщение: Re: [patch] Proposal for \crosstabview in psql