Re: Bitmap index?

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Bitmap index?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 30, 2007, at 18:23 , cluster wrote:

> In postgresql 8.2 I need a bitmap index for a certain column, but
> how do I create it?
> (No, a btree is not sufficient. :-)  )

Where do you see that PostgreSQL has bitmap indexes?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/indexes-types.html

PostgreSQL can combine multiple indexes and use a bitmap scan during
query execution, but this is not an on-disk bitmap index.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/indexes-bitmap-scans.html

Perhaps if you give more information concerning your situation and
why you believe B-tree indexes are not sufficient, others on the list
might be able to provide suggestions.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net