Re: [pgsql-www] Writing some tests

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] Writing some tests
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> On 13 May 2017, at 05:21, Mac Chaffee <macchaffee88@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to the world of open source projects, but I've been working as a django developer and proud postgres user for
1year now.

> Would you be interested if I wrote some tests for pgweb?
>
> It would help me familiarize myself with the codebase and it would help you prevent bugs in the future. The tests
couldalso help ensure stability if you plan on upgrading to the next LTS release of django (1.11).

While not speaking for anyone but myself, I think that sounds interesting.

> Also, what's the normal process for contributing code? Someone in the IRC mentioned patching, but didn't go into
specifics.

For the core database server the process is to start a discussion around the
change on the -hackers mailinglist, submit a patch there and then add it to the
CommitFest app.  This process is described in detail at:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch

Since the website isn’t following a release schedule like the server (and there
are fewer contributions), the process is a bit different.  Generally a patch is
posted to this mailinglist and is discussed here until applied or rejected
without going via the CommitFest app.

Like for the main server, it is however recommended that any larger pieces of
work are discussed on the mailinglist before too much time is invested.  For
your idea, perhaps submit a patch with one, or a few, tests and see where the
discussion goes to ensure it’s in line with what the community wants.

Welcome aboard!

cheers ./daniel

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Melvin Davidson
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] https://www.postgresql.org/about/history/
От: Mac Chaffee
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] Writing some tests