RE: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)

От Takahashi, Ryohei
Тема RE: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)
Дата
Ответы RE: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)  ("Takahashi, Ryohei" <r.takahashi_2@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Thank you for replying.

> You might be right, but maybe we should first try to understand why
> this is happening so frequently.  Maybe it's not that normal.

I found past threads [1] and [2].

In thread [1], the error is mentioned as an ASLR problem.
In thread [2], the patch is provided which retries pgwin32_ReserveSharedMemoryRegion() to resolve the ASLR problem.

Therefore, I think our community regard that the error is an ASLR problem and is already resolved by the patch.

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CACmJi2JyDLMtxE3i_Krp%3DhrK4KKZ%3DD83s6eMw9q%3DHeM_srQdXg%40mail.gmail.com
[2] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAA4eK1%2BR6hSx6t_yvwtx%2BNRzneVp%2BMRqXAdGJZChcau8Uij-8g%40mail.gmail.com