Re: plpython3

От James William Pye
Тема Re: plpython3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jan 14, 2010, at 7:08 PM, Greg Smith wrote:
> So more targeted examples like you're considering now would help.

So far, I have three specific examples in mind:

The first will illustrate the advantages of function modules wrt setup code in the module body. Primarily this is about
convenience.(I'm going to send this example when I send this message)

The second is a generic after trigger that does manipulation logging for some simple replication purposes. This example
willillustrate one application of "native typing" as it provides direct access to a PG type's typoutput.

The third one is a fairly old plpythonu example written by Elein that exercises SD to keep state for an aggregate. I'm
expectingthis to be a good candidate for showing off stateful functions.

Other things I plan to cover, but nothing specific in mind yet:
Direct function callsInternal subtransactions, "with xact():" (something plpython can't do, save calling plpgsql =)