dblink versus schemas. What to use in this case?

От KÖPFERL Robert
Тема dblink versus schemas. What to use in this case?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi all,

I have got two database schemas. They're rather independend. Thus they are
in two databases. However there is one function that needs access to the
other database.

As I found out, I have two choices:
*Using schemas and put the schemas tighter together (via interdependencies).
Dumping distinct schemas is possible, however quistionable if a restore will
work with the dependencies.
*Using dblink. Dblink gives me a loose binding of the two databases. Some of
us care about the 'contrib' status of dblink. Speed (connect, query,
disconnect may sloww down) and it's deadlock resolv capabilities. However
the deadlock thingy is just a question of interest.

What should I do?
....to make one fcn of one DB access another DB's tables/fcns....

Thanks

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: