Re: Returning a bool on DELETE in a proc.

От KÖPFERL Robert
Тема Re: Returning a bool on DELETE in a proc.
Дата
Re: Returning a bool on DELETE in a proc.  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
Список pgsql-sql
Thanks, but that was not what I was looking for.

Seems that I forgot to mention that this function is intended to be written
in SQL, not in PL/SQL. For the second one I already picked it off the
fascinating* doc (as Keith did) that GET DIAGONSTIC is the right thing.

So what variable/function is the correct SQL-equivalent to ROW_COUNT and can
it be used in the following statement ?
like DELETE...; SELECT (ROW_COUNT<>0); to return a bool value?

Or would you really suggest to change the fct's type to void?

*The doc is fascinating, because it is rather short in terms of PL/pgSQL but
if you are looking for something you can find it in some example or
mentioned in a sentence somweheewere

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: