Re: storing binary data

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: storing binary data
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Quick question - I couldn't find this in the docs:

What exactly is the advantage in using VIEWs?  I get the impression that the
SELECT query it is based on is cached (ie. a cached query plan).

But, is this cached between db restarts, between connections, etc.  Is it
cached upon the first use of the view for a db instance for a particular
connection, etc?

Chris