Re: catalog location

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: catalog location
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jul 7, 2007, at 8:16 AM, Carmen Martinez wrote:

> Please, I need to know where the catalog tables (pg_class,
> pg_attrdef...) are located in the postgresql rdbms. Because I can
> not see them in the pgAdminII interface, like other tables or
> objects. And I can not find any reference about where this
> information is, please any help would be welcome.

These are located in the pg_catalog schema. pgAdmin III (don't know
about II) can show them if you turn on the "System Objects" menu item
in the View menu. The tables are documented in the PostgreSQL manual.

> Also I'd like to know if these catalog classes are owned by the
> superuser (I defined it when I installed ) or all the users could
> access to them and perhaps modify them.

All users can see them. You should not modify them directly.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL