Re: error-tolerant COPY FROM

От Sean Davis
Тема Re: error-tolerant COPY FROM
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Feb 4, 2005, at 8:27 AM, Joolz wrote:

> Csaba Nagy zei:
>> [snip]
>>> I'm afraid this is a bit too indirect IMHO. As I want to know the
>>> line number in which an error occurs, I would have to traverse the
>>> error-tolerant table with limit 1 offset N, and report N when an
>>> error occurs, hoping that the row order is identical to the line
>>> order in the csv file.
>>
>> So why don't you insert the line number too in the error tolerant
>> table
>> when you do the import ? Then you will have the line number all the
>> time. Not that I would understand what will you do with that line
>> number, once you already have all the data in the table...
>
> I need the line number to let the customer know which data were
> refused, and the corresponding errormessage to let him know why.

Not to belabor the point, but using a trigger with a RAISED notice
gives the "context" in which the error is raised like:

NOTICE:  Inserting a gene ID to meet foreign key requirements
CONTEXT:  COPY g_ug, line 58245: "284462        Hs.128382"
NOTICE:  Inserting a gene ID to meet foreign key requirements
CONTEXT:  COPY g_ug, line 60235: "285936        Hs.174768"
NOTICE:  Inserting a gene ID to meet foreign key requirements
CONTEXT:  COPY g_ug, line 66339: "347813        Hs.406568"
NOTICE:  Inserting a gene ID to meet foreign key requirements
CONTEXT:  COPY g_ug, line 114352: "401610       Hs.454283"
NOTICE:  Inserting a gene ID to meet foreign key requirements
CONTEXT:  COPY g_ug, line 134275: "75875        Mm.300210"
NOTICE:  Inserting a gene ID to meet foreign key requirements
CONTEXT:  COPY g_ug, line 165798: "441201       Hs.535027"

Sean