Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon!

От Nicholson, Brad (Toronto, ON, CA)
Тема Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon!
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
> So, taking a second stab at this:
>
> Database VIEWs allow application developers to abstract database access,
> making application code simpler and version migrations easier.  As such,
> PostgreSQL has improved our view support:
> * Materialized View declaration
> * Auto-updatable VIEWs
> * Recursive Views
>
> I think that puts the new features more strongly, and also explains how
> views relate to the reader.  Yes?

I like it - shows multiple improvements to heavily used functionality, while glossing over the incomplete nature of mat
views. It also focuses on "View Improvements" instead of one specific improvement/feature, which compactly sends a
"multipleimprovement" message.  Specifically, the mat view stuff is nice, but the updatable views is going to be
massivefor a lot of people.  That's  a feature that would have save me a lot of time in the past.

On another note - are page checksums going to make the cut?  While not exactly flashy, that is a really critical
featurefor mission critical systems - something we have sorely lacked.

Brad