Re: PgAdmin III 1.20 windows - not valid

От Paragon Corporation
Тема Re: PgAdmin III 1.20 windows - not valid
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I think pgAdmin v1.20.0 was compiled with the same VS chain (2013 as I recall) as the PostgreSQL 9.4 binaries.

These don't work on Windows XP. Probably should be noted somewhere on the site that Windows XP is not supported.

So you have to use a lower version of pgAdmin III .  Also you can't use PostgreSQL 9.4 on windows xp either.  I ran into the same issue when a PostGIS user complained about the issue (wanting to run PostgreSQL 9.4 and PostGIS on windows xp ) and had to put a notice on the PostGIS windows page to that effect.

Hope that helps,
Regina

From: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Melvin Davidson
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2014 12:51 PM
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] PgAdmin III 1.20 windows - not valid

My O/S is Windows XP Pro SP3

I just downloaded PgAdmin III v1.20.0 from
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/release/v1.20.0/win32/

After installing, I get the following error when trying to run it:

" (null) is not a valid Win32 application. "

To reproduce:
1. download .zip
2. Open .zip and click on pgadmin3msi
3. Follow prompts to install