Re: [GENERAL] Need Help Installing Dblink…(Desperately…)

От Jerry Levan
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Need Help Installing Dblink…(Desperately…)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Nov 12, 2011, at 3:34 PM, Scott Mead wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Jerry Levan <jerry.levan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I have somehow botched my installation of 9.1.1 on Mac OSX 10.7.2
>
> I have a mac running 9.1.1.
>
> I then built dblink from the contrib directory and I did not
> see an install option in the make file.
>
>  The Makefile should be including the global.... did you try a 'make install' ?

I went back and did the make install from the dblink directory it installed
stuff in the share directory but invoking dblink functions failed with
an unknown definition. I invoked the create extension command but it
did no good...

I went back to a previous version and loaded the older dblink.sql file
and it now appears to be working…at least the dblink function calls
that my sql uses is appearently working.

> I tried copying the dblink.so file to the postgresql library directory
> but i cannot figure out how to install the definitions..
>
> google:
>
> http://anoncvs.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/dblink/Attic/README.dblink?rev=1.12.4.1

This is pre-extension stuff…