Disable WAL completely

От Kathirvel, Jeevanandam
Тема Disable WAL completely
Дата
Re: Disable WAL completely
Список pgsql-performance

Hi,

            I want to disable Write Ahead Log (WAL) completely because of following reasons,

  1. I am running Linux on the Compact Flash, which has limited memory; I can’t afford disk space of 32MB for pg_xlog folder. ( checkpoints_segments = 1)

  1. CF has own limitation with respect to number of writes (I/O operation).

  1. And, Our Database is Small and embedded as part of system (along with web-server, drivers). We may not require data recovery from the pg_xlog folder. It is not an enterprise application.

Please give your inputs, to resolve this issue..

Thanks,

Jeeva…